The following information is an update from the superintendent and the Seaford Board of Education.
It is our sincere hope that everyone is safe and continues to receive any help that they need during this difficult time.
As you know, everyone has been impacted by this tragedy in some way. Communications immediately following the storm were compromised. Downed wires and trees compromised travel around the area.
There is no structural damage to any of the four buildings
- As of Nov. 3, the High School, Middle School and Manor School have full power.
- The Harbor elementary school is still without power and we have not been advised as to when power will be restored to the Harbor School.
- The buildings did not suffer any damage, other than downed trees around the property which had to be removed and is being done.
District Educational Plans
The following information is tentative as conditions are changing each day and in some cases, hourly. We will update the website at various times when we become aware of new information.
First and foremost we must ensure the safety of our children and their ability to get to our schools.
At the present time, we have not confirmed if bus service will be available Monday. We are aware that the bus company has sustained significant vehicle losses.
It is our goal to open the High School and Middle School on Monday, Nov. 5, for classes.
Our plan for elementary education is as follows:
- If the Harbor school regains power prior to Monday morning, classes will resume.
- If the Harbor school remains without power, The Manor School will be used to accommodate all elementary students by combining classes.
This means we will not hold classes at the Manor on Monday to allow us to prepare for opening on Tuesday.