In case you haven't noticed, mailing a letter has cost you a penny more as of this week, as the U.S. Postal Service rate changes went into effect.
Stamp prices increased one cent, from 45 cents to 46 cents, to mail one-ounce letters. The new prices started on January 28. The cost for letters weighing more than one ounce will remain the same - 20 cents for each additional ounce.
Postcard stamps also saw a one-cent increase, from 32 cents to 33 cents. Letters under one ounce mailed anywhere internationally will cost $1.10.
Those looking to save a bit could stock up on the Forever stamps. These are usable even after stamp prices increase in the future.
You can pick up your Forever stamps at:
- Farmingville Post Office, 500 Horseblock Road
- Ronkonkoma Post Office, 200 Hawkins Avenue
- Lake Ronkonkoma Post Office, 300 Portion Road
- Holbrook Post Office, 445 Furrows Road
- Holtsville Post Office, 162 Long Island Avenue