Five nearby businesses have been caught selling alcohol to a minor, police said.
Over the past two days, the Fourth Precinct Crime Section conducted an underage alcohol sting operation of 17 businesses in the Ronkonkoma, Commack and the Kings Park area, police said.
The five employees–all at gas stations–who sold alcohol to the minor were charged with unlawfully dealing with a minor. They were issued a field appearance ticket and will appear at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.
Here's the details on who was arrested and which stores were cited:
- Connor Popolo, 20, of Nesconset, employed at Citgo gas station, located at 2691 Middle Country Road, Lake Grove.
- Dhan Maharjan, 41, of Lake Grove, employed at Gulf gas station, located at 3089 Middle Country Road, Lake Grove.
- Cristobal Caal, 31, of Bay Shore, employed at Citgo gas station, located at 100 Crooked Hill Road, Commack.
- Etna Cornielle, 19, of Bay Shore, employed at Hess gas station, located at 152 E. Northport Road, Kings Park.
- Evren Altunay, 33, of Kings Park, employed at BP gas station, located at 94 Pulaski Road, Kings Park.