Eight people were arrested during the police sting conducted between 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. A minor was sent into 29 businesses in the area and attempted to purchase alcohol, with eight of them allowing the purchase, police said.
The following people were charged with first degree unlawfully dealing with a minor:
- Murat Kucukaltun, 34, employed by Gulf Gas, 195 Pine Aire Drive, Bay Shore
- Sabit Akyol, 20, employed by Gulf Gas, 1490 Fifth Ave., Bay Shore
- Muhammed Khan, 32, employed by Village Market, 1389 Fifth Ave., Bay Shore
- Malik Gunes, 45, employed by Citgo Gas, 1310 Fifth Ave., Bay Shore
- Ricardo Negrete, 39, employed by Brightwaters Wine & Liquor, 1241 Sunrise Highway, Bay Shore
- Certin Aybali, 36, employed by USA Gas, 410 Montauk Highway, West Islip
- Abdul Qureshi, 57, employed by Oak Neck Wine and Liquors, 945-3 Montauk Highway, West Islip
- Ranbir Singh, 66, employed by Parmar Liquors, 259 Main St., Islip
All of those arrested were issued a field appearance ticket and are scheduled to appear at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.