The following information was culled from the Suffolk County Police Department’s automated reporting and arrest database.
- Police responded to a criminal mischief call on August 1. According to police unknown persons damaged the inside of the Empire Bar & Lounge space on Warren Avenue. The call came in at around 7 p.m. when the complainant reported to police that the suspects painted the black walls with white paint, tore down the wallpaper, cut copper pipes and took the sinks and damaged a LIPA meter at the business.
- Police received a call about a disturbing phone message left to a resident on August 4. Cops say a woman on 14th Avenue called 911 after she listened to a voicemail that said: "Mom, I'm in trouble. Need you. Bye." The complainant said the voice sounded like her son's but her son was seated right beside her. It does not appear that the caller demanded money from the woman. The investigation is ongoing.
- Police answered a criminal mischief call on August 1 at around 5 p.m. According to police unknown persons damaged a No Trespassing sign what was installed on the property of Topaz, a construction materials manufacturing company that deals with floor and concrete finishes among others.
- Police responded to a harassment call on August 2 at around 10:15 p.m. According to police the complainant called 911 to report that another subject had pushed him in the face. The complainant was not injured. No arrests have been made.
- There were no arrests for serious offenses in Holtsville this week.