With the simple flip of the calendar, in comes the holiday season and the beginning of Christmas and Hanukkah shopping. Starting early this year may relieve some of the stress so Patch.com has some sites that you may want to start with to check some friends and family off of your list, and don’t forget to visit Retailmenot.com before clicking “Purchase” to see if you can get a discount or free shipping.
Sachem Patch picks the Top 5 Gift Shopping Sites:
- Gifts.com: This site organizes the kind of person that you need to buy a gift for into categories, such as the activist, the geek, the sports fan or the cook and then shows you a collection of suggested presents for them from hundreds of websites that sell cool items. There are a range of prices just in case you love the person or just sit next to them every day on the train.
- ContainerStore.com: The Container Store has locations all over the globe, but their closest store to us is in NYC, so it looks like we have to shop online for gift wrapping, cool stocking stuffers and household items. You could buy all of your wrapping supplies right now and skip the hustle and bustle at the local Target. They even have gift wrapping instructions just in case you want to tie pretty bows on your gifts.
- KnockKnock.com: Everyone has a Secret Santa to buy for this year and Knock Knock has some pretty hysterical items for your officemate or wacky cousin. From sticky notes that say “Useless Info” on them to books on how to screw up your children, you are bound to find something to amuse yourself; who really cares if the person actually wants the gift.
- Zulily.com: Sometimes a kid looks adorable with an owl barrette in their hair, ruffle-butt tights and bedazzled sunglasses, and it is even better when you can buy them all for up to 90% off. At Zulily.com, they have clothing for women, kids and babies, toys, home décor and other fun stuff from shops that specialize in the cute or fashionable, and they are all on sale.
- Wolfermans.com: For those of you that like to send that basket with the smiling cookies or the sausage and cheese, well, people don’t like them, so this year maybe you should give Wolferman’s a try. You can send a box of flavored English muffins or coffee cake or even crumpets (those are the British cake things that look like English muffins, but they’re spongy). Also, you can add things like Hollandaise sauce, pancake mix or strawberry preserves to your edible gift and the recipient will be in for a treat on Christmas morning or any time before then.