Check this list everyday for a glimpse at what's happening around the Sachem community ... from school events to sports games and Town of Brookhaven and Islip functions, there is a sampling of everything.
1. : This is in the middle of a series of eight classes at the Sachem Public Library. They run from 7-8:30 p.m.
2. Intriguing, informative, sometimes controversial, but always thought provoking, this monthly series combines the best in film and discussion. This month's selection is a riveting documentary that follows a Facebook relationship from its innocent beginnings to its unexpected conclusion. Simultaneously moving, disturbing and suspenseful, this film is a totally unique cinematic experience. Starts at 6p.m. at the Sachem Public Library.
3. Not so long ago, blind dates were arranged by family and friends. Today, singles are meeting on websites like match.com, eHarmony, and JDate. Whether you have been online for years or are just thinking about getting started, motivational speaker Connie Lagan will provide you with information, instructions, and encouragement to safely navigate the world of online dating. The event is at the Sachem Public Library at 7 p.m.
4. The boys and girls basketball teams at Sachem East and North are in action Tuesday against Commack and Bay Shore, respectively.
5. Stories: On the site today, read up on the history of the Sachem hockey program and a piece about where to cater your food for Super Bowl Sunday.