Check this list everyday for a glimpse at what's happening around the Sachem community ... from school events to sports games and Town of Brookhaven and Islip functions, there is a sampling of everything.
1. Islip Town: Their board meeting will take place at 2 p.m. and zoning board at 6:30 p.m.
2. Organize Your Life: Overwhelmed? Organizing your thoughts and perspective as well as your closet will help you reclaim your life. Join Jennifer Ryan, Professional Organizer and Motivator to learn how to make the changes in your home, career and life to get what you want and deserve. Organizing begins between the ears, let go, learn how and energize to create your new order. Click here to learn more.
3. Brookhaven Men's Group: The men's group meets from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Henreitta Acompora Recreation Center. They explore a number of topics, including:
- reducing “everyday” stresses
- achieving a healthy balance between
- work & family life
- constructive goal setting
4. Poetry - Verse in Person: Each month a guest poet presents a reading at the Sachem Public Library after which the audience is encouraged to share original works at an open mic. Special thanks to Jeanette Klimszewski and Mankh, members of the Performance Poets Association, for co-hosting this series. Takes place from 7-8:30 p.m.
5. Stories: On the site today, check out a profile on Mike Licata, who is running for reelection to the Sachem Board of Education, and more.