Long Island Rail Road will be running extra trains out of Ronkonkoma station during the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
Two additional westbound trains will run along the Ronkokoma branch on Thursday.
Thanksgiving Day, November 22:
- Westbound 6:10 AM and 7:10 AM trains from Ronkonkoma, making all stops to Hicksville, Mineola, Jamaica, Woodside and Penn Station
Four additional eastbound trains will run that day to accomodate riders coming back from the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Those trains include:
- 11:33 AM train from Penn Station, stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Hicksville, Bethpage, Farmingdale, then all stops to Ronkonkoma.
- 12:33 PM train from Penn Station, stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, New Hyde park, Mineola, Carle Place, Hicksville, Bethpage, Farmingdale, then all stops to Ronkonkoma.
- 1:05 PM train from Penn Station, stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops the Farmingdale.
- 1:34 PM train from Penn Station, stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Hicksville, Bethpage, Farmingdale, then all stops to Ronkonkoma.
The MTA does advise travelers to expect full trains and potential delays with the extra foot traffic on the trains.
Friday, November 23:
- All LIRR trains will operate on a near-normal weekday schedule on Friday, November 23 – with the exception of the diesel shuttle service on the Long Beach Branch from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.. Off-peak fares will be in effect all day Friday.
Saturday, November 24, and Sunday, November 25:
The LIRR will be operating on a regular weekend schedule with off-peak fares on Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 24 and 25, with the exception of shuttle bus service for Long Beach Branch customers being offered between Long Beach and Lynbrook from 5 a.m. through 9 p.m.
Starting Saturday, November 24 the LIRR is adding extra weekend trains to make travel to and from New York City a more convenient for shopping, dining and entertainment. The added weekend holiday service continues on five additional weekends – December 1-2, December 8-9, December 15-16, December 22-23 and December 29-30.
On the Ronkonkoma line, those trains include:
- Three westbound trains between Farmingdale and Penn Station will be added to Saturday and Sunday schedules between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. and three westbound trains between Penn Station and Farmingdale will be added to the weekend schedules between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.