If you’re driving down Portion Road and start to doze off from the sweet scent of cupcakes, you’re not losing your mind. There really is a new cupcake shop in town serving your favorite tasty sweet treats.
Cupcake Girlz, located in the same shopping center as KK Athletics in Farmingville, had its grand opening on Saturday. Owner Karen Hearty welcomed plenty of new customers to the bright and decadent shop that serves 90 flavors of cupcakes.
A former 20-year employee at Deutsche Bank in New York City, Hearty decided change would be good in her career and she opened the shop with about a year of preparation not far from her home in Farmingville.
Thanks to endless hours of support and construction from her husband Patrick, the shop is completely renovated and looks exactly how a cupcake shop should, complete with a café for folks who want to sit and enjoy their snack, as well as a party room for birthdays.
“If someone told me five years ago that I’d be doing this, I would have laughed at them,” Hearty said. “I was always a big baker in the family. I ended up leaving the city and just decided to do it. This has been over a year in the making.”
All of the baking is done at the facility and they also make specialty fondant cakes.
Every day the bakeshop will offer a rotating menu of 15 flavor combinations including sugar free served every Friday. If a flavor you want is not on the daily menu, you are welcome to place a special order, which lets you pick any flavor from the gourmet menu. All special orders require a one dozen minimum and should be ordered in advance.
Hearty made it a point to mention bakers Kendra Biehler and Melissa Stevenson, who have already put their culinary stamp on the delicious product.
Mini Size Cupcakes
- Classic Flavor $15 per dozen
- Specialty flavors $18 per dozen
Regular Size Cupcakes
- Classic Flavors $25 per dozen
- Specialty flavors $28 per dozen
- $5.25 each ($55 per dozen)
Cupcake Shooters (push pops)
- $3.50 each and $40 per dozen
Sachem Patch’s Cupcake Picks
- Holy Cannoli: Chocolate or Vanilla Cupcake dipped in Chocolate Ganache stuffed with a filled Cannoli.
- Hula Hula: Pineapple cupcake topped with pineapple buttercream rolled in crushed macadamia nuts and shredded coconut.
- Pumpkin: Spiced Pumpkin Cupcake topped with maple buttercream and cinnamon powder.
- Rainbow Cookie: Devils Food Cupcake filled with Raspberry Puree topped with Chocolate Ganache Buttercream, Rainbow Cookie and Chocolate drizzle.
- Red Velvet Cheesecake: Our classic Red Velvet Cupcake with cream cheese baked right in topped with buttercream and our signature fondant heart
To see a complete list of cupcake flavors, click here.