The Sachem Board of Education, by a vote of 7-2, adopted the 2013-14 budget that installs the tax cap levy of 3.14 percent at Wednesday's meeting.
The proposed budget is now up to the community, which will vote on June 18.
The following is a list of some of the items the new budget includes, however this list is by no means comprehensive.
1. Kindergarten is now 1/2 Day
2. All sports are fully funded
3. All music is fully funded
4. Co-curricular clubs such as cheer, Arrowettes, and Robotics are 50% funded
5. No schools will be closed
Board members Duncan and Scavo were the two dissenters. Thursday's tentative board meeting has been canceled.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something